Research Development Cell
“All birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the clouds”
- Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
Following this quote by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, we can envision his footsteps for continuous innovation & disruption in every walk of life. The reality, that the common facts of today are a by-product of yesterday’s research can’t be ignored. Hence, with a view to follow the path shown by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, we at Smt. Chandibai Himathmal Manuskhani College, Ulhasnagar have formed a Research Development Cell to propagate research culture among the faculty and students.
We always thrive at promoting research in faculty members and try our best to inculcate research culture in our upcoming generation of young students. We have a very vibrant research culture in the college represented by our faculty members from various departments, having published a good number of Research papers in peer reviewed journals and as proceedings in National and International Conferences.
Objectives of the Research Development Cell:
- To identify, encourage, motivate and assist teachers to apply for PG recognition, PhD guide ship and starting of a research center.
- To display details of various Funding Agencies and other relevant information with regard to promotion of research and to encourage staff members to apply for minor /major research projects.
- To co-ordinate with the Head of the departments to start linkages for research and collaborate with industry for research project
- To motivate teachers to apply for Research Grants, Start-up Grants, etc. from various government and non-government agencies.
- To organize research related seminars, conferences and workshops.
- To organize a workshop/seminar on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
- To conduct a Workshop on “Research Methodology” for under graduate, post graduate and Ph.D students for Humanities, Science and Commerce.
- To coordinate with research centers to organize seminar presentation of the Ph.D. students once in every six months.
- To coordinate with departments to ensure participation in the University Research Festival: “Avishkar Research Convention” organized by Department of Students’ Welfare, University of Mumbai to promote healthy research environment in the college.
- To motivate staff members to attend / present papers in Conferences and Seminars.
- To encourage staff and students for research paper publications.
Research Development Cell Members
Dr. Darshana Patil, Chairperson
Dr. Kajal Bhojwani, Co-Chairperson
Dr. Lakshmi Girish, Member
Dr. Ashish Jain, Member
Dr. Kishori Tarfe, Member