Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension (DLLE)
More About DLLE
The Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension (DLLE) was established on October 12, 1978, and has been recognized as a Statutory Department and one of the authorities of the University of Mumbai since 1994 to promote a meaningful and sustained rapport between the Universities and the community. It is functioning under the Board for Lifelong Learning and Extension to create skilled and learned human power through its various degree level programmes and skills development programmes. The college has adopted the extension work under DLLE for sensitizing the students to the socio-cultural realities, work for the less privileged sections of the society, and to extend educational programs that will enhance and improve the quality of life of such groups with the central objective of “reach to unreached”. Smt. CHM College is one among the few colleges under Mumbai University to opt for DLLE in addition to NSS, NCC, etc.
Objectives – As specified by the university.
- To sensitize the students towardssocio-cultural realities
- To prepare students for a greater social commitment.
- To develop entrepreneurial skill, career orientation and job orientation among thestudents.
- To enhance student employability skills as well as marketable work skills.
- Overall Personality development